September 16, 2011

Blog Award + Five Books in the Last 12 Months

Anita passed me this blog award a couple weeks ago. She's so insanely sweet that I would smother her with hugs if I could.

Because she is made of sunshine and rainbows, she recently got a book deal for her debut YA fantasy, SPLINTERED, which is an eerie and whimsical Alice in Wonderland spinoff. Doesn't it sound fantastic? Hop on over and congratulate her! ♥


Puppy Club rules are:

1st RULE: You do not talk about Puppy Club.
2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about Puppy Club.

Hee. (I have no idea if those are the real rules, I just thought Anita was adorable and copied it off her blog post lol)

Instead, you talk about 5 books/films/TV shows you've read or watched in the last 12 months.

Since this is a writerly blog, I will focus on five books!

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
~ I cannot put into words how much I love this book, and I'm not typically a fan of contemporary. The humor won me over though. Anna is HILARIOUS. It's romantic and fun and sweet and I never wanted it to end. I can't WAIT for Lola and the Boy Next Door!

Across the Universe by Beth Revis
~ This book surprised me. I didn't expect to love it as much as I did! Admittedly, I thought the killer's identity was pretty obvious, but it was the twist at the end that blew me away. And the setting and the world-building and the characters ♥ Utterly in love.

Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green
~ READ THIS BOOK. I cried. Twice. ILOVEITSOMUCHICAN'TEVENTYPE.

Divergent by Veronica Roth
~ The premise was cool, but I looooved the characters. Tris is AMAZING. I cheered for her the whole way through. And I am not a little in love with Four.

Entwined by Heather Dixon
~ All I knew about the twelve dancing princesses was what I'd seen in the Barbie version because my daughter owns the DVD. But I thought it was an enchanting idea so I picked this book up, and I am SO GLAD I did. Every character, ALL TWELVE PRINCESSES, were their own character. Azalea and Bramble were my favorites, and what carried the entire book for me was their relationship with their father, the King. I loved every single scene where they were all together, even the ones where they were angry with each other. The King is amazing and fatherly and awkward and unsure and a little cold but tries so, so hard and I want him as my dad ;_; Please read this book!

So there you go. Thank you, Anita!

I'm passing this award onto these awesome bloggers:

An Alleged Author
Emy Shin
Janet Sumner Johnson
Nicole Zoltack
CherylAnne

Have a great weekend, guys! ♥
 

Lori M Lee Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphics from Questofdreams (Lori Lee)