September 9, 2011

Ten Random Facts About Me

I was twitter-tagged by Robin Weeks (@Robin_Weeks), a fellow campaigner, to list ten random facts about myself.

1. I'm a huge manga/anime fan.

2. I'm also a World of Warcraft fan, although I no longer play it. It's too time consuming, and I'd rather be writing than grinding.

3. I wrote a ton of short horror stories when I was in elementary school (I loved R.L. Stine's Fear Street books; I didn't like Goosebumps though).

4. I have a pit bull named Pluto and an old english bulldog named Simba.

5. Simba thinks he's a lap dog. He's very heavy.

6. I loved Where the Wild Things Are as a child, even though I had no idea what the story was "really" about. I just liked the Wild Things. And the repetition. I wasn't a very deep child.

7. One of my very first stories was a retelling of Cinderella as told through Persephone.

8. In first grade, I asked my teacher a question. She replied with, "I doubt it." I had no idea what that meant, but I was too embarrassed to ask. My friend asked me what the teacher said. I repeated it. She, being less fearful of embarrassment than I was, asked me what that meant. With a perfectly straight face and a falsely knowledgeable voice, I answered with a guess and said, "She doesn't think so."

9. My fifth grade teacher was always sort of cool towards me. I figured it was because my older sister had been teacher's pet to her, and I didn't live up to her expectations.

10. My friends and I were called The Giggle Girls by our third grade teacher, Mrs. Bauer, who is still one of most favorite teachers EVER. She was the one who ran the after school program for creating books, which first ignited my desire to write them.

I'm tagging these fellow campaigners, all of whom are in Group 30 Urban Fantasy(1) with me:

F.E. Sewell (@FESewell)
Crystal C. (@cclboc)
Lynda R. Young (@LyndaRYoung)

Have an awesome weekend, everyone! ♥
 

Lori M Lee Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphics from Questofdreams (Lori Lee)