November 23, 2011

Dark YA Blogfest Week 4 - #yasaves



This week's prompt is to blog about how a dark YA book made an impact in your life.

I'm going to reach faaaar back for this one :D

The Fear Street Saga by R.L. Stine :D

I read these books when I was in elementary school (though I maybe shouldn't have? lol), and loved them to pieces. At the time, horror was definitely my genre (possibly why I love Anna Dressed in Blood so much), and although I'd written plenty of picture books by this time, it was R.L. Stine's Fear Street series and this trilogy in particular that inspired me to write longer stories--real, plotty stories that elicited emotions.

All the best books I've ever read have inspired me to write more, to try harder, to be better, to strive for what these amazingly talented writers had already achieved, and R.L. Stine's Fear Street Saga was one of the very first that did that for me. Thank you, Mr. Stine :)

And can't leave out the books that birthed my love for fantasy:



Happy Thanksgiving!
 

Lori M Lee Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphics from Questofdreams (Lori Lee)