Happy Monday! Today launches the official Untraceable blog tour.
Book Title: Untraceable, The Nature of Grace, #1
Author: S.R. Johannes
Release Date: Tuesday, Nov 29th
Publisher: Coleman & Stott
16 year old Grace was reared in the wilderness. Her first pet was a bear named Simon. Her first potty, an oak tree. And, her first swing, a forest vine. Grace has lived in the Smokies all her life, patrolling with her forest ranger father who taught her everything he knew about wildlife, tracking, and wilderness survival.
When Grace's dad goes missing on a routine patrol, unlike everyone in her sleepy mountain town, she refuses to believe he’s dead. After finding a Cheetos bag and stolen government file, Grace is convinced she’s one step closer to proving all the non-believers wrong.
One day, while out tracking clues, Grace is rescued from imminent danger by Mo, a hot guy who has an intoxicating accent and a secret. Grace has never felt a connection like this before, certainly not with her ex-boyfriend, the adoring, but decidedly unrugged, Wyn.
After a few run-ins with the town's police chief, her father's partner, and some new evidence, Grace travels deeper into the wilderness that has always been her refuge only to learn that her father's disappearance is not a mere coincidence.
Soon she's enmeshed in a web of conspiracy, deception, and murder. And it's going to take a lot more than a compass and a motorcycle (named Lucifer) for this kick-butting heroine to emerge from an epidemic that's spreading like wild fire, threatening everything and everyone she's ever loved.
I'm honored to be Shelli's first stop, and I'd like to share with you Shelli's fantastic advice on what makes a successful book signing. Hope you enjoy it!
Boost Your Book Signings
How do you prepare for a book signing?
• Contact store in at least 3 months in advance
• Be sure to send out press releases to local media.
• Be sure the store has your book stocked or plans to get it. If not, ask how many copies you should bring.
• Prepare and order any giveaways – swag, chocolate etc.
• Prepare something to talk about.
• Tell the store manager that you’d like to sign remaining books & ask if they have "Autographed by Author" stickers. If not, order some .You can get these and a variety of other book stickers for $5 a roll.
What are the essential things you need with you at a signing?
This may be personal but I would say:
• Make sure your table is dressed up nicely – maybe in theme with your book.
• Pens (make sure you have more than one)
• Know how you are going to sign the books. Come up with something clever
• Giveaways – chocolate, swag, maybe a drawing
• Guest book to capture emails for your Newsletter sign up
• Signed copy stickers (in case they don’t have them there) so you can sign stock)
What is the best way to conduct a signing?
• Don't sit down unless you have to.
• Smile, talk and most of all have fun! This is no time to be shy.
• If no one shows up, remember, that's okay. It has happened to all of us at one time or another.
• Get people to enter your contest or sign your guest book.
• Don't feel confined to stay just a few hours. Stay as long as there is an interest in the book.
What are the best ways to promote the signing? I'm guessing craigslist isn't the most ideal spot :)
I don't think craigslist is too awful. You never know and it is free.
• Reach out to local papers, craiglist, online events for your city.
• Send out press releases to local media and then follow up to be sure they got it.
• Contact local radio and tv stations to see if you can add to their program.
• See if the bookstore has a mailing list or newsletter you can be included in. Utilize all the contacts you have (without spamming people too much).
A few general questions :D
Please tell us in one sentence only, why we should read your book.
A new young adult wilderness thriller with a missing father, a kickbutt heroine, and of course - two hot boys.
Any other books in the works? Goals for future projects?
There is a special edition coming in Jan/Feb with a different ending and the first 5 chapters of the next book.I do have a second book planned – Uncontrollable set in the winter.
What inspired you to want to become a writer?
I love to tell stories. But I never thought about writing until my daughter was born.
Tell us your most rewarding experience since being published.
Knowing I created something on my own – something that touches people and makes them think in some way.
Thank you so much for the fantastic advice, Shelli! If you'd like to learn more about Shelli and her book, please check out the rest of the blog tour.
Author Contact information:
• Author newsletter
• Email: email@example.com
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/srjohannes
• Author Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/SRJohannes/249888602550
• Personal Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/srjohannes
• Author Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5235537.S_R_Johannes