January 25, 2012

Comments Systems and a Pitch Contest

When I started this blog a year ago, I wanted the ability to reply to comments so I installed the IntenseDebate comments system to replace blogger's. Now, blogger has finally (finally!) added the ability to reply to comments, and I want to be able to take advantage of that feature.

Unfortunately, ID doesn't seem to have the ability to migrate comments to blogger. Their blogger exporter is disabled for reasons both vague and annoying. Disqus appears to have this ability, though, and I wish I'd known this before choosing ID over Disqus. That's what I get for not doing my research.

*shakes fist at ID* This annoys me so much, I want to remove ID just to rebel against their restrictions. But uninstalling means losing all your comments. So no can do.

On the bright side, using ID means my entry pages, once loaded, don't automatically jump down to the comments. Ever since the reply function was added, when I'm on anyone else's blog who isn't using an independent comment system, the page loads and then automatically jumps down to the comment box (only if they have the 'embedded' option set up, which enables replies).

Ctrl+home gets me back to the top quickly so I can actually read the blog, but it's getting intensely annoying.

Please to fix, blogger.

-----

Pitch Contest


In other, more important news, there's a pitch contest going on at YAtopia.

Eight editors from Entangled Publishing are taking 2-line pitches + first 200 words for novels of any length, in any genre, for any age group - as long as romance is central to the story.

Yeah. GET ON THAT! ♥

Today's art: Amaterasu, the goddess of the sun, from Okami!


 

Lori M Lee Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphics from Questofdreams (Lori Lee)