March 19, 2012

UNTIL NEXT TIME Blog Tour - Amy Lignor on Inspiration


Click banner for full list of stops on the blog tour!

For today's stop on the blog tour, Amy Lignor, author of Until Next Time, will be talking about inspiration--particularly what inspired the story behind her book.

About the Author

Amy Lignor began her career at Grey House Publishing in northwest Connecticut where she was the Editor-in-Chief of numerous educational and business directories.

Now she is a published author of several works of fiction. The Billy the Kid historical The Heart of a Legend; the thriller, Mind Made; and the adventure novel, Tallent & Lowery 13.

She is also the owner of The Write Companion, a company that offers help and support to writers through a full range of editorial services from proofreading and copyediting to ghostwriting and research. As the daughter of a research librarian, she is also an active book reviewer.

Currently, she lives with her daughter, mother and a rambunctious German Shepherd named Reuben, in the beautiful state of New Mexico.

A Vision of A Warrior and His Angel


I have said that the inspiration for Until Next Time truly came when I was a teenager going through a tough time. I actually began to think about angels and wonder why the heck they would come here in the first place? As far as I was concerned, at that time, life was just awful down here in this world, and I believed that the "winged ones" certainly wouldn't want to waste their time trying to save us. (I know, it's negative, but what can I say? I was 13, upset and the hormones were raging.)

Matt, the warrior, was the first one I really recognized inside my own head. I didn't have a visual from a television show, or a book, or a 'real life' event; what I did have was a series of dreams when my brain was going in all different directions (not unlike it is now. LOL).

Matt was tall and blond, with hair that kind of went all over the place - like the power of his gilded wings had whipped his hair into a frenzy and he had no place to go to buy styling gel. No, I'm not going to go down the path of Matt being the most handsome glittering boy on the planet. :) In my dream, Matt was a friend. He smiled a lot, he tilted his head to the side as if he was wondering what on earth I was talking about most of the time, and he kept screwing up my name in my dreams. I'm Amy, yet every time he said something he called me Em. I didn't correct him. A) He was a dream and, B), I don't really think you should correct a being that could snuff you out in an instant if they felt like it.

Seeing as that my beloved grandfather had just died, my imagination was probably already soaring into that unknown world above, wondering if he'd made it there, or if 'there' even existed.

I remember doors with funny labels on them; a hallway of glass which was really awesome because when I looked out the top there was this mass of 'winged ones' - a group went in one direction, while the other half headed the other way. And through all this, Matt was a guide. I even remember a huge library that he walked me into. That library was just about the coolest thing I'd ever seen (think the NYPL but even HIGHER ceilings filled with books, cubbyholes of scrolls, and a librarian who looked like someone I would not want to mess with.)

I asked Matt a ton of questions, and he told me about a room he trained in with his teacher. He kept calling himself a warrior, but he looked more like a gangly teen who was pretty much just having fun. He even took me to a door that, when it opened, contained my grandfather's house. He showed me that the people I loved were just fine. But the more Matt and I spoke, the more I began to notice that he really wanted to be down here as much as I really wanted to stay up there.

Was I ready for the rubber room? I don't think so, (even though my teenage daughter would tell you different). I think I was just a kid going through a hard time, who loved to read and used her imagination to get away from it all.

Years later Matt reappeared on the pages of Until Next Time with his partner, Em, and I was finally able to tell their tale. From the ground up, The Angel Chronicles are their stories; a look at two beings who are friends, partners, guides - a team that have faith in each other. And I can't wait to tell the rest!

Until Next Time, Everybody.
Amy


Thanks so much for sharing your inspiration with us, Amy! Matt sounds like a wonderful and vivid character.

About the Book

Until Next Time by Amy Lignor

How does a girl choose between the one who steals her heart and the one who owns her soul?

Matt and Emily were created for a specific job. Raised and trained as the ultimate angel/warrior team, they are sent down to save, defend, judge and forgive, depending on the 'life' they've been assigned. What they don't realize is that the power of human emotions, such as love, anger, passion and fear can take over even the best of souls, causing them to make mistakes and follow paths that lead to confusion and heartache.

When the reason for their training is finally revealed, the angel/warrior team find themselves thrust into a world they know nothing about. Matt takes over the life of Daniel, a young man with a great deal of baggage. Emily becomes Liz, a girl living in a remote village who relies on nothing more than her own strength to survive. A violent storm erupts one night, and framed in the window of Liz's establishment is a frightening face. Let in by the soul of a Good Samaritan, the two visitors bring with them a past full of secrets that could literally change an angel's path and a warrior's plans.

From murder to redemption, this angel/warrior team must find a way to keep the faith they have in each other in a world that's ripping them apart.

How to Buy:
Amazon - Kindle
Barnes and Noble - Nook
Smashwords

Have a great week, all! ♥
 

Lori M Lee Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphics from Questofdreams (Lori Lee)