What is "BE HERE NOW"?
It was Andy's hope that by opening his story up to a documentary, he might help or inspire others facing similar challenges, while pushing to accelerate the pace of cancer research around the world.
"When Andy was told his lymphoma had returned and that without treatment he had 3 – 6 months to live, he was compelled to share his exploration into the unknown. He selflessly invited a film crew into our lives, who followed us through out the last year of Andy's magnificent and courageous journey. We now need your support to finish the documentary and fulfill Andy's legacy."
~ Vashti Whitfield (http://www.maybemcqueen.com/)
What are "BE HERE NOW" Critiques?
As writers/fans of Andy Whitfield/despisers of cancer, we have come together to offer various manuscript, chapter and query critiques in exchange for your pledge/donation to the "Be Here Now" Kickstarter campaign.
How does it work?
• You bid on the critiques by posting in the comment section. (Don't forget to include your email address in your comment!)
• You may bid as many times as you like.
• The length of the auction will be included in the auction post.
• When the auction is over, the highest bidder is the winner and will be notified by email.
• Winners must pledge their winning amount to http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/426354716/be-here-now-the-andy-whitfield-story within one week of winning their auction item. Please note: A pledge is not a payment. It is a promise of payment.
• THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!
As per the rules of Kickstarter, you will NOT have to pay any money (even after you have pledged) unless the "Be Here Now" funding goal is met within the specified timeframe. Let me say that again. IF THE FUNDING GOAL IS NOT MET WITHIN THE TIMEFRAME, YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED YOUR PLEDGED AMOUNT. Unfortunately this also means that you will only receive your auction item if the funding goal is met. However, with a funding goal of $200,000 and $37,000 already pledged in 2 days (with 43 days to go), you can make up your own mind whether or not to participate.
• If the funding goal is met, your credit card will be charged on Monday Jul 23, 4:04pm EDT. You must send me the confirmation e-mail sent by Amazon Payments as a record of donation to receive your critique.
• If you would like to pledge without partaking in the auction, do so here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/426354716/be-here-now-the-andy-whitfield-story
Thank you for your interest and support! Please retweet, blog, spread the word!
The first auction items will be posted on this blog on Wednesday, 13th June, 2012. (Sydney, Australia time).
For a preview of critiques being auctioned, see here.
If you have any further questions, please post them HERE (at the original post).