December 31, 2012

2013 Goals and a Brief 2012 Review

2012 has been a heck of a year. It seems like it passed in the blink of an eye, but when I think back on the year, I realize just how much has happened, and then it doesn't feel so crazy fast :)

My resolution for 2012 was to write two novels. Did I achieve it? Sadly, no :( But I like to think I would have if I hadn't gotten pregnant. Convenient excuse, yes, except I honestly think it's true. That first trimester passed in a nauseous fog, and I got nothing done.

My 2013 resolution will be the same. Write two novels. I have one outlined, two at the idea stage, and one that still needs to be ripped apart and rewritten. So I have lots of options :)

Here are some 2012 highlights:

♥ Getting pregnant was, literally, the last thing I expected to happen this year. But I've made my peace, and I can't wait to meet this little guy!

I wrote a new book! I'm still bummed it's only one new book, but... let's stay positive lol. It's YA science fiction, and it's in the final editing stages. Well, "final" being relative because I'm sure it'll go through more revisions once my agent gets it. I also outlined a contemporary, something I never thought I'd write, and hopefully it'll be written... soon. *cough* And then it's back to fantasy, possibly something dark, because I hear its siren call and I must obey.

♥ I made some amazing new writer friends, many of whom I now wonder how I ever got through this writing thing without. I still wonder at how lucky I am. I love you guys!

♥ I'm trying my hand at something I've always wanted to do, which is professional editing. I even get to acquire books for the digital-first publisher who was crazy awesome enough to hire me. I'm a total nutcase in that I love editing until I have to actually do it, and then I hate it. But when I finish, I totally want to do it some more. Yeah, I'm weird.

But writing is and will always be my first priority.

♥ Exciting happenings that I can't talk about so let's pretend this bullet point doesn't exist.

♥ My CP Mindee sold her second series, and it's THE BESTEST THING EVER. So even though it isn't my accomplishment, it's still a 2012 highlight for me because IT'S THE BESTEST THING EVER DID I SAY THAT ALREADY?

♥ My other CP Lauren also had an AMAZING 2012 in terms of writing and publications. And you guys need to read her work, because she is a world building goddess. FOR REALS.

As I said last year, never give up on your dreams, whatever they may be. Pick yourself up and push on, push on, push on.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

 

Lori M Lee Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphics from Questofdreams (Lori Lee)