December 17, 2012

YA Superlative Blogfest: Head of the Class


It's day one of the YA Superlative Blogfest. Woohoo!

These aren't all the categories, just the ones I was able to decide on. I am notoriously indecisive.

Favorite Dystopian:

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Admittedly, I didn't read many dystopians this year. But I did really enjoy this book and Four so I think it's earned the spot. Except for that ending which still has me scratching my head with questions, but I suppose that's why I must now have book three ASAP.

Favorite Science Fiction:

Cinder by Marissa Meyer

STILL CAN'T WAIT FOR SCARLET OMG WHEN WILL IT BE HERE? I thought the world was awesome, and I loved Cinder. Kai wasn't half bad either :P

Favorite Fantasy:

Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo

One word: DARKLING. That is all. Heeeey, Darkling, I'll be your Morozova's Collar if you know what I mean *coughcough* >_>;;;

Favorite Action/Adventure:

Sanctum by Sarah Fine

I don't know that this book fits this category exactly, but there's plenty of action and adventure in it. And there was just no way in hell I wasn't somehow mentioning this book so there you go XD

Favorite Comedy:

Bad Hair Day by Carrie Harris

I don't think it's possible to not love Kate Grable. She's brilliant and hilarious, and my review for this book is coming as soon as I find the time to write it.

Favorite Paranormal:

Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake

Anna is a BAMF. But I'd rather not run into her in a dark house. Unless Cas is with me, in which case it's okay. Maybe. I kind of like Cas. I don't think that would endear me to Anna.



Yes, I was only able to decide definitively on six. I KNOW, I CAN'T BELIEVE ME EITHER.

Looking forward to seeing what your picks are though!

♥ Happy Monday!
 

Lori M Lee Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphics from Questofdreams (Lori Lee)