February 1, 2013

2013 Films to Look Forward to (part 2)

MOAR TRAILERS. With things that explode. And magic. And fighting. :D :D :D (Still no unicorns, dangit.)

Again, in no particular order:

Jack the Giant Slayer

Previously Jack the Giant Killer, which was supposed to come out last year. This is another one of those films that look like it could either be really cool or seriously suck (like Hansel and Gretel). I love all the fairy tale adaptations, but I haven't been terribly impressed with them so far (Snow White and the Huntsman, anyone?).

Iron Man 3

SAD TIMES FOR TONY STARK :( But I love the continuity with Avengers that the film hints at, and I'm so excited to see where they've taken the characters.

Star Trek Into Darkness

I'M SO SCARED FOR EVERYONE IN THIS FILM OMG. We barely have any information about this movie, and I'm already filled with anxiety about the ending. Also: Benedict Cumberbatch.

After Earth

Will Smith typically does good films, so I'm hopeful for this one, despite that it's directed by M. Night Shyamalan who I still haven't forgiven for the travesty that was The Last Airbender. And I think the film makers know this because Shyamalan's name is nowhere in the trailer, and you have to dig for it everywhere else. I loved the twist at the end of the trailer though because I wasn't expecting it to be Earth.

Man of Steel

A grittier retelling of Superman, re: the Batman Begins trilogy. I dig it.

---

Trailers I'm anxiously awaiting:
Thor The Dark World
Catching Fire
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Have a great weekend, guys!
 

Lori M Lee Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphics from Questofdreams (Lori Lee)