December 30, 2013

2014 Goals and a Brief 2013 Review

Holy cats, I can't believe a year has passed already. So much has happened this year.

My resolution for 2013 was to write two books. I did not succeed. *sigh* Last year's excuse was the long weeks of pregnancy-induced nausea that made me want to do this:



This year's excuse is closely related: new baby! I couldn't have predicted how exhausted I would be. (No, really, even though everyone says it's exhausting, I honestly thought I'd be fine because the last one wasn't so bad. Note: having a baby at 20 and another one at 30 are vastly different experiences.) But anyway, I somehow managed to find a way to write exclusively during the hours of 10pm and 2am, and cranked out a first draft.

And then I got my edits back for Gates of Thread and Stone, and I sort of went *shrug* at that other book I was supposed to write because OMG EDITS!!! Oops.

I'm not going to learn from my past mistakes because I'm making 2 books, yet again, my 2014 resolution. Maybe this time, it'll work?

Here are some 2013 highlights:

♥ Wrote a book. Too bad it wasn't the sequel I'm contracted for >_> *gets on that*

♥ Had a baby! I think he's a keeper :)

♥ Completed edits on Gates of Thread and Stone. It's been sent off to copyedits. Woo!

♥ Edited two books for the digital-first publisher I'm working with. I'm insanely proud of both of them.

♥ A bunch of my favorite people had their debut year! Mindee Arnett's The Nightmare Affair, Amy Tintera's Reboot, Amy Christine Parker's Gated, and A.G. Howard's Splintered. All such fabulous books.

♥ I got to announce my book deal after over 6 months of waiting! Whew lol.

So, overall, not as productive as I would have liked writing-wise, but I think it was okay given my time constraints :)

Happy new year, and here's to 2014 when I can finally say, "My book comes out this year!" Aaaah...

 

Lori M Lee Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphics from Questofdreams (Lori Lee)