December 4, 2013

What's Up Wednesday 11

What I'm Reading
I finished Champion a while go. Then I read Angelfall and World After in quick succession. Quite enjoyed both! I began a new book a couple days ago, but I haven't been able to pick it back up. I can't stand any of the characters. The MC is obnoxious, and the writing, particularly the dialogue, reads almost like fanfiction. Disappointing so far, but I will persevere because the book came very highly recommended. I'm hoping the plot will win me over or that the MC becomes more bearable.

What I'm Writing
Edits have been completed and sent to Editor Awesome. Now, I'm looking over a friend's ms while picking at the plot to Gates 2 again. Sequel writing is fun times. /sarcasm

What Else I've Been Up To
My online friend of many years is visiting me this weekend, which means we get to geek out IN PERSON for the first time. It'll be awesome.

Also, I went to see Thor 2: The Dark World as well as Catching Fire. I loved The Dark World (Oh LOKI, why do you hurt me so?), but Catching Fire was awesome beyond belief. MUST REWATCH ASAP.

What Inspires Me Right Now
I just love reading to refuel. I've already gotten a couple new things to weave into the plot of Gates 2. Woot!

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme that helps readers and writers touch base with blog friends. If you'd like to join in, you can find the link widget on Jaime's and Erin's blogs.

 

Lori M Lee Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphics from Questofdreams (Lori Lee)