January 11, 2012

2011 Numbers, 2012 Books to Look Forward to, and a Pitch Contest

2011 Numbers

I read 36 books in 2011, excluding about a dozen manuscripts from CPs and beta exchanges. Not a bad number, but not that great either. It's about one book every 1.5 weeks. I'd like to do better in 2012.

In 2011, I also wrote about 110,000 words. A good number, but nowhere near what other writers would be able to boast =P Since I want to write two novels this year, I'm hoping to beat this number!

2012 Books to Look Forward to

Some books I'm particularly excited about in 2012. Many don't have covers yet, so they weren't included in this, and there are many more I simply haven't read about yet. I'm positive this list will grow as the year progresses =P



What other books should be on this list?

Pitch Contest

There's a pitch contest going on RIGHT NOW at Jami Gold's blog for stories between 10k and 60k words, judged by six (6!) editors at Entangled Publishing.

So if you've got a short story, novella, or novel that fits the word count and the guidelines (see the post for what each editor is looking for), then what are you waiting for? Go make your pitch!

Have a great rest of the week! ♥
 

Lori M Lee Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphics from Questofdreams (Lori Lee)