February 25, 2011

Favorite books from childhood

First! I got this rocking award from Brenda Drake:
Thank you so much for the love, Brenda! ♥

The rules for accepting this award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave the award
2. State seven things about yourself
3. Pass the award on to any recently discovered great bloggers

Seven things about myself
1. I was born in a village in the mountains of Laos and lived on a Thailand refugee camp until I was three.
2. I have twelve nephews.
3. Celtic music, particularly the instrumentals, makes me happy. And sad. But a happy sad.
4. I owned a book about unicorns as a child. But it wasn't just any book about unicorns. It contained pictures of live unicorns and information about their various habitats around the world. I was convinced they were real. I'm still a little convinced they're real.
5. I wrote my first proper (beginning, middle, end) story when I was eight. It was a Cinderella-retelling of Persephone. (And she had an awesome purse that glittered)
6. My daughter is my most important person.
7. I like to pretend this place exists:

I'm passing the award onto ThatGirlAni b/c she was my first follower, and I definitely want to see her blogging more! *hug*

And now! Here's a few favorite books from my childhood.

• Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
• The Fairy Rebel by Lynne Reid Banks
• The Betrayal by R.L. Stine (and the other books in the Fear Street Saga Trilogy)
• The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
• The Giver by Lois Lowry

What were some of your favorite books?
 

Lori M Lee Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphics from Questofdreams (Lori Lee)